Presented by Woodford Reserve
Finals held Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 7:30PM, Preliminary rounds held throughout February
The renowned (and sometimes notorious) Sausage Queen helps lead the Bockfest™ Parade by carrying a symbolic tray of Bockwurst sausage. The Sausage Queen is Bockfest™ royalty who is anointed in the least aristocratic manner we could create: a gender-neutral pageant that has multiple preliminary rounds in local bars. Winning contestants receive prizes, but are mostly vying for the honor and prestige of being the 2015 Sausage Queen, an honor to both themselves and their sponsoring saloon.
There are Four establishments brave enough to place a contestant forward to represent them in the Bockfest™ Sausage Queen Finals, during Bockfest™ weekend.
The schedule for the preliminary rounds is:
- Thursday February 12 9P: Rhinehaus
- Friday February 20 9P: Milton’s
- Thursday February 26 9P: Washington Platform
- Saturday February 28 9P: Crazy Fox Saloon
Finals will be held Saturday, March 7, 2015 from 7:30P to 9:00P: Bockfest Hall at 1619 Moore Street.
About the Competition
The renowned (and sometimes notorious) Sausage Queen helps lead the Bockfest™ Parade by carrying a symbolic tray of Bockwurst sausage. The Sausage Queen is Bockfest™ royalty who is anointed in the least aristocratic manner we could create: a gender-neutral pageant that has multiple preliminary rounds in local bars. Winning contestants receive prizes, but are mostly vying for the honor and prestige of being the 2015 Sausage Queen, an honor to both themselves and their sponsoring saloon. Read more»
In the weeks leading up to Bockfest™, each participating venue will select its Queen contestant for the 2015 finale, held at the Hall during Bockfest™. At each venue, a panel of “expert” judges (“expert” means easily bribed with Woodford Reserve) will determine the best applicant based on the following criteria:
All contestants are required to have one, and having a good one is typically helpful. The sum total of a contestant’s personality is arbitrarily judged by his or her responses to a series of ridiculous questions.
The contestant must look good carrying a sausage and have diva tendencies. The winners of each preliminary round will represent that bar in the Sausage Queen finals. Therefore, you must possess the presence to fulfill this heady responsibility with honor, dignity, class, grace, or the complete and utter lack of any of these traits.
What kind of “talent” should the Sausage Queen 2015 display? That is a question that only you can answer. Surprise us. (But be warned that after seven years of conducting this competition, it is getting progressively harder to surprise us.)
Rules For Competition
- There is no admission fee.
- It is not necessary to register prior to the night of the competition (except that the Final Judging will only be open to winning candidates from the preliminary rounds.) However, it is very helpful for the venue to know how many contestants to expect and any special requests they might have, so advance registration at the venue where you intend to compete is highly appreciated.
- Contestants must register at the venue no later than the start of the competition.
- Although possessing mysterious and frightening political power, the Royal International Bockfest™ Sausage Queen Commission cannot suspend the laws of the municipalities or states where competitions are held. Therefore, while contestants are free to push the boundaries of human decency, they must do so within the boundaries of all governing law.
- The Sausage Queen will reign until the following year’s Bockfest™ Sausage Queen Competition, will be in the Bockfest™ 2015 parade, and will crown the 2015 queen. It is virtually impossible to commit any act unbecoming of a Sausage Queen that is sufficient to cause the Royal International Bockfest™ Sausage Queen Commission to revoke the title, but each venue has its own standards for what might cause you to be disowned.
- Contestants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Contestants must have an appreciation for bock beer and sausage.
- Contestants must be available to compete in the March 7th Final Judging and available for the Bockfest™ Parade on March 6, 2015. The Queen must not be too much of a diva to show up to these events on time and must be capable and willing to traverse the full parade route.
- Contestants must be open-minded and fun. The competition is gender neutral. It is open to all shapes, sizes, and varieties of potential Bockfest™ royalty.
- Manner of dress is up to each contestant.
- The person crowned Sausage Queen of each venue will have the opportunity to represent that venue in the Bockfest™ Parade on March 6 and at the Finals on March 7, and also receive a $50 bar tab at that venue and prizes from Woodford Reserve.
- The person crowned Sausage Queen 2015 will receive the honor and privilege of reigning as Sausage Queen until the next year when he or she will lead the Bockfest™ Parade. The Queen will also receive a $500 cash prize from Woodford Reserve.